Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    And there is goes to have all under the door trim sorted

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Excellent! Might not make the shows this year, but I guess should be ready for next year?
    When the car comes back it should be just
    Putting the interior back in
    Headlining
    Adjust the sunroof
    Put exhaust on
    Sort sticking boot and fuel flap
    Big clean up
    MOT with luck
    So yeah next year I should be back to shows with a montego. Haven't done that for a bit. I do normally find some time to work on cars during October-January so hopefully it'll be completed by early 2020. The car does start on the button now and the engine is very smooth and quiet. Then possibly re-starting on my other MG Montego
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st September 2019, 12:59.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Now being picked up Monday, happy days
    Excellent! Might not make the shows this year, but I guess should be ready for next year?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now being picked up Monday, happy days

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Carpet and seats stripped out ready for welding soon, floor panel has some surface rust at the rear but the rest is very clean

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Steering cowl on, looks much better

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Finally found a reasonably priced bodyshop in Scunthorpe as the original one I asked still hasn't come back with a quote, I bought a kv6 off the Scunthorpe company as my wifes engine in her ZS180 blew up. Found out when I went to see the engine that they also do car bodywork and had quite a few exotic machinery in their workshop. They also race various MG's and Rovers so spent quite a bit looking and talking, as you do. When they drop off the engine they will be picking up the MG Montego so I had better start stripping the interior on Friday
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th September 2019, 12:57.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Found my pair of full montego sills and got a local Bodyshop coming over Tuesday to give me a quote. Happy days

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well that's unfortunate, my usual Bodyshop can't fit the car in at anytime, I have another lead from the Boston classic car club magazine though, he did a montego VP a few years ago and made a great job of that. I'm not going to use the company who sprayed my red Montego as I'm not entirely happy with it. Paint does flake off too easily and I wasnt happy with the finish on my V8 as it chips away far too easily

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Just happen to have this in my stuff

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    The red caps look a bit like the plugs ziebart used to put in when they rustproofed cars, maybe i has been pampered by a previous owner? They also look a bit like the plugs that come in the end of new hydraulic hoses tho' . They didn't have holes there normally (except rust holes of course!) did they? Do you think the dust protector is a good plan to keep dust off wheels, or a terrible plan that will make discs get too hot too quickly if you put your foot down?
    Phil has dust protectors on his maestro turbo and hasn't had any problems. I have to assume its some sort of rust protection but it clearly didn't work on the nearside as the sill needs welding quite a bit on the underside

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    The red caps look a bit like the plugs ziebart used to put in when they rustproofed cars, maybe i has been pampered by a previous owner? They also look a bit like the plugs that come in the end of new hydraulic hoses tho' . They didn't have holes there normally (except rust holes of course!) did they? Do you think the dust protector is a good plan to keep dust off wheels, or a terrible plan that will make discs get too hot too quickly if you put your foot down?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    On opening the rear doors a found these, red caps covering up holes on each side that are the same, never seen these before
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st August 2019, 11:31.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Waterpump off, had allen key bolts on it so not a bad job in the end, new pulley on and bolted up. Started on the button and very pleased as another job out of the way. Interior next, headlining, centre console and sunroof sorting and its a bit wonky and needs re-aligning
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st August 2019, 13:50.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Cover off, waterpipes off, lined up
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st August 2019, 11:29.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X