X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Someone is about to have an extremely nice car there! Hopefully we'll get to see it out & about once the teething troubles are sorted.
    He's happy with the car and that's all that matters to me. You know the new owner as he also has another of my old cars in his stable. I'm sure he will have the time to address the niggles and use it

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Someone is about to have an extremely nice car there! Hopefully we'll get to see it out & about once the teething troubles are sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All ready to go, comes with all the spare dashes etc I have and various other digidash parts
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    The end of an era! But at least one that you'll get to see once in a while I guess.....
    Yep, assume so. Will still be on here and the facebook page though

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    The end of an era! But at least one that you'll get to see once in a while I guess.....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now paid for and it's being picked up Friday. Sad to be montego less after all these years but it's happened now

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Car is now sold and i am now MG Montego less, first time since 2001.
    I will keep popping in and helping if needed and will also keep my membership going as it helps the club. But not sure if I will have another as I've moved on now but you never know
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th July 2023, 11:10.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    This MG Montego is now up for sale as I don't have the time or inclination to finish it. Only asking £2500 but it stands me in much more than that but I will need it gone

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Car tax is due on the Montego at the end of the month. I might use it friday if it's not raining going to work as it's local then it's sorn again. I now have enough money to have my Zodiac done so i'm undecided what to do with this car as it doesn't NEED to be sold now to pay for my Zodiac

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Back up and running, removed the rear brake light as it wouldn't stick to the window properly. Will be giving the car a major clean up later in the month for its sale in March. And Ive been busy on my V8
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    New pump on, cambelt back on etc and everything else. Start up and no major problems this time. No leaks or so I thought...........until the bottom large bolt on the oil pump started to weep. Removed both and put new washers on...again, made doubly sure this time by putting JB weld seal on both. Will wait till the morning for that to cure.
    On another good note, the speedo is working so nearly time to get it back out of the garage, turn it round and sort the HRW tab and screen brake light as that came away from the screen new years day.
    Once no leaks are found i can get the car off the axle stands that are waiting to go under this so I can remove the engine and gearbox as the clutch bearing is beginning to grumble. This is a bit more technical than a Montego
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th February 2023, 13:13.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Replacement oil pump arrived, cogs move nice and easy and I've noticed the valve split pin has been opened and closed so I'm assuming it's been checked..Note the torx screws and not allen screws . As I'm busy working for a couple of weeks I haven't got time to put it on atm so it'll have to wait
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th January 2023, 13:30.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Garage floor cleaned off and pump removed in 20 minutes, much easier second time around
    Stripped the relief plunger/valve and that wasn't coming out easily. Heat, plyers, blocking off various holes and blasting with air. Eventually it moved with plyers after an hours trying and it was covered in the same dried grease or wax as the cogs. Compared to the one I removed from the old oil pump as you can see its not smooth at all and covered in dried something that had cured solid
    All cleaned up and put back in, now has a smooth motion and all back in the pump. Will wait for the pumps replacement before deciding which one to use. I have a dilemma now, do I strip the new pump down to make sure all's working or not
    It had also bent the first oil filter I put on it so quite a lot of pressure without the relief valve working
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th January 2023, 14:30.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    May be worth trying some heat on it? If you've got a gas soldering iron with mini blowlamp option , or a small blowlamp it might do the trick. Vibration is the only other thing that springs to mind, I've used sds drills on similar problems, but they can err on the side of kill rather than cure..... More than a little bit annoying!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    When it rains it pours. What a mess. Filled up the car with fresh oil, start up and oil rushing out of the oil filter a whole 4 litres of it in 30 seconds. Looked like a faulty seal on the oil filter so after putting down lots of sand to soak the oil up I put a new filter on it, fresh oil again and started it up when I was looking at the filter, the filter blew on the seal and started pouring oil out again. The only thing I can think off is the relief valve is stuck, this maybe to do with the cogs also being stuck with hardened wax. Removed the split pin, got the bottom out and yes its stuck and I have no idea how to remove it while its bolted to the car. It's not a big spring holding the valve plunger so shouldn't have must resistance. I put another filter on it and removed the coil lead and just turned the car over, the valve didn't move at all so it's well in there and isn't coming out.
    Unfortunately I will have to remove this oil pump and I'm not best pleased as I will know doubt damage it when removing the crank pulley and cog...again. AND the garage floor will need cleaning after the sand has done its job and soaked up 5 litres of lovely fresh oil. Not a happy chap today
    I have a replacement pump on its way with an apology but it's more work after I've cleaned the floor before I do anything else and that's tomorrows job as I've had a beer now to drown my temper as I'm a bit pissed off
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th January 2023, 13:56.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X