Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Checked the fuel gauge display with my fast check and it seems the dash has possibly a fault on the fuel readings, I do have another but that's in pieces so atm I will have to live with it until I can put together my spare. That also had a fault in it so will have to do some thinking
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st November 2022, 11:20.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    I got two sets of those retro reproductions side ones, if you need them I have a spare set, which I got 'just in case' (at the time it was 'just in case I ended up with another saloon....but I didn't..)
    Kind of you and will get back to you if I need. I will strip the rear parcel shelf first and find out where my leak is. I've replaced the top and bottom trim but still have a small water leak atm . It's bound to be the metal side trims being rusty though
    Having to sort a few things round the dash first as the Fuel gauge doesn't move even after putting £50 of super unleaded in it, as it's not had very much in it since 2003 I'm assuming the sender is stuck though.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th November 2022, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    I got two sets of those retro reproductions side ones, if you need them I have a spare set, which I got 'just in case' (at the time it was 'just in case I ended up with another saloon....but I didn't..)

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    That was quick!
    Wasn't working today and it wasn't raining so got on with it. I've also started to replace the bottom rear screen surround as that's broken. I was also going to change the sides as they're cracked but I sold what I think was my last pair to someone stupidly thinking I wouldn't need them lol oh well. I could also tax it now so maybe next week
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 18th November 2022, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    That was quick!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied

Not too bad considering the length of its holiday!
    Yeah not too bad really, sorted the alternator squeal. As it's at the back of the engine you have to remove the front wheel and splash shield just to get to it. I Couldn't have tighten the adjustment nut enough as I replaced it when I did the cam belt and it was in it's lowest setting
    Also sorted the rear handbrake cable and replaced the mileage display.
    I had another but it was missing the display cover so I had to strip both down, all done now and it's doesn't flicker atm but I won't know if its fixed until I drive it but the buttons do now work as before they had stopped
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 18th November 2022, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    And that's a pass. Car threw a hissy fit on the Lincoln bypass giving it an Italian tune up to the MOT bay. Milometer started flickering and the mileage wasn't moving forward but the trip was, then it stopped it's display then flickered, then stopped, nearside rear hand brake started binding again so I will replace the back cable this time instead of releasing the cable as before, HRW stopped working as the other side tab fell off and the alternator belt started to slip, as it's the same as an MGB I can got those quite easily. Both are available from Rimmers quite cheaply so those to sort next but at least it passed and i'm expecting a snagging list so this will be the start, won't be taxing it till the end of the month now so it gives me time to sort these few things
    Not too bad considering the length of its holiday!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    And that's a pass. Car threw a hissy fit on the Lincoln bypass giving it an Italian tune up to the MOT bay. Milometer started flickering and the mileage wasn't moving forward but the trip was, then it stopped it's display then flickered, then stopped, nearside rear hand brake started binding again so I will replace the back cable this time instead of releasing the cable as before, HRW stopped working as the other side tab fell off and the alternator belt started to slip, as it's the same as an MGB I can got those quite easily. Both are available from Rimmers quite cheaply so those to sort next but at least it passed and i'm expecting a snagging list so this will be the start, won't be taxing it till the end of the month now so it gives me time to sort these few things
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th November 2022, 14:46.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Ahhh yes...emissions is always a bit of a wild card...should be ok on an efi I guess...fingers crossed anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied

Sounds like a pretty good deal, I think your 'if' is a bit smaller thn some people's too....
    Always worry over emissions, did a last check over this afternoon and had to replace the fog lamp switch as it got stuck in. The vacuum switch for the heater also needs to be changed as that's also sticking and whistles when pressed in to clear the screen
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th November 2022, 18:11.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Valued insurance done. 5,000 miles a year, £10,000 agreed valuation for £100 from Peter Best, if a pass on Thursday I will then tax it
    Sounds like a pretty good deal, I think your 'if' is a bit smaller thn some people's too....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Valued insurance done. 5,000 miles a year, £10,000 agreed valuation for £100 from Peter Best, if a pass on Thursday I will then tax it

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Booked in for Thursday at mid day so happy days

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Interior hoovered and cleaned up, Date and time set, service interval also reset. I will clean up the steering wheel once it's passed it's MOT. Then I may use it for a little while to iron out a few things before it's up for sale
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More while I'm at it, cleanest it's been for quite a while
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X