Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now washed, polished and ready for its MOT possibly next week
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Looking good.. MOT shouldn't be a problem..

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Took it up the road to free off the brakes again as it hasn't moved for a while. Checked all switches but the fog lamp switch and interior vacuum switch are sticking through lack of use. So a bit of on off on off on off freed them up a bit. Washers now working correctly as is everything else now
    Next is a major clean up and then booking in for its first MOT since 2003.
    As it's lovely weather i would have started cleaning it today but I've got the youngest grandchild coming over this afternoon......for the week
    Can't believe it's been nearly 4 years since I reluctantly took this project on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 28th October 2022, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    We are getting close now to booking an mot
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Went a had a little check on the car as I will be getting it done next month. Little rodents had made themselves comfy. I removed the leaves and their little nest and put poison down near to where I left the nest, in the boot and cabin floor. Luckily they only chewed the sheet on the bonnet this time
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
    Can you let me know prior to you advertising it mainstream please?
    joe
    Yes I can do that did from the looks of it that will be later than sooner

Leave a comment:

• Mr bump
    replied
    Can you let me know prior to you advertising it mainstream please?
    joe

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
    Real credit to you Jeff, which leads me into my question.
    will this be for sale any time soon?
    Yes, once the MOT is done and i've cleaned it up it will be on sale.

Leave a comment:

• Mr bump
    replied
    Real credit to you Jeff, which leads me into my question.
    will this be for sale any time soon?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Also patched the mouse hole headlining, sorted the non working HRW, put the Rover headlight protectors on and started to clean out the interior of the car ready for its first MOT soon. Won't be needing this 2004 car tax either, that's the last time the car was on the road, also found this in the glove box. Everything is now working correctly so I should have time to MOT it next month with a bit of luck
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little more done today, sorted the non working offside windscreen washer, had to dismantle the non return valve it as it was stuck. Simple mechanism, cleaned and put back together and now working fine. Only had a couple of hours as some parts turned up for my consul that i was waiting for so had to work on that afterwards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th June 2022, 14:32.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Opened the boot and someones been keeping warm during the winter, right through my headlining buggar Removed the squatters house, sorted the boot lock, dash wasn't lighting up so sorted that, sorted the non working hazzards, fixed all speakers so they're now working. Not sure atm what to do about the hole in the headlining, I may just patch it as its at the back. The only things left to do are fill the brake fluid reservoir, drivers side windscreen washer is blocked, HRW, add more fuel, clean up and MOT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th May 2022, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Back on it today, attached throttle housing, put 3 gallons of petrol in it, connect battery aaaaaanndddd started up. Runs really nice and smooth now so I must have done something right, moved it out of the garage and drove it up and down the pathway to free up the rusty brakes etc. Can't believe it's been over a year since this I found this problem. I must get going on this car this year as I want to finish it. Does look good though and will look better after a major clean up. I may get the car detailed so it's spotless when it's getting near mot time
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th May 2022, 15:49.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well.......got the throttle back on and my fabrication worked but the breather pipe fell to bits when I tried putting it on, then it split half way down so that to change. Last day on this for a couple of weeks as I don't have the time after tomorrow but at least I've re-started the project. The only things left to do other than that are: changing the boot lock as it's very hard to move again, the rear speakers replacement, HRW tab to stick on, remove the paint on the rear spoiler, bit of paint here and there, put fresh petrol in it and hope it runs ok after that, iron out any problems, big clean up inside and out, polish etc then maybe an MOT in January. After that it's time to go and yep it's the wrong time after xmas so maybe in the spring

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All done and waiting for the sealant to go off. Not the best fabrication but it'll work and you don't see it anyway. Luckily there was a guide hole so I drilled a small hole right through to match the other one then used a 7.5mm flat drill to about 5mm. Also undersealed the car so that was a dirty job, will be carrying on tomorrow
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X