Oil Filler Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filler Valve

Hi Guys, long time since ive been on here . hope you are all good.
    Hardly used the Maestro Turbo recently apart from a couple of local Breakfast Clubs so nothing really to report.still waiting for my health issues to be sorted.
    However, (there is always a but), went for a run in the Turbo this afternoon. Checked the oil level, and it was down a fraction, nothing to worry about.
    Thought i would top it up. On trying to remove the oil filler cap, which seems to have some sort of crankcase venting system, it just fell apart in my hands.
    Not wishing to point fingers but suspect this was broken when it had its service in April and they didnt tell me, i wonder why. Not sure how crucial this part is, but, if you can get them, then want to replace it if possible.
    Any ideas guys. Is this part standard across the whole range.
    Cheers
    Tom

Is the oil filler cap square or round? Square is no longer available, round is the same on all Maestros or Montegos with a 2.0 litre engine, link for one but as always check first
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164439450...IAAOSw2SVfg32r
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 15th September 2021, 16:00.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. Away for the winter
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser
    1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, nearly finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. New cruiser
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Love this car
    2004 MGZT V8, project for the winter nearly done.

Comment

Thanks Jeff
      Its a round one.
      I will get on it.
      Thanks again

Comment

Part number is GFE6011 if you want to search for it online
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

The M&MOC Map of the World: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1577325
        How to add yourself to the M&MOC Map:http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...703#post185703

MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        Hyundai Tucson Premier SE (Daily run-around)

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Have done this, but looks like i have been scammed. Went onto the Ebay link that Jeff sent me, ordered and payed. was due for delivery Monday, but checking with Hermes, they have no record.
          I know its only a few quid, but thats not the point. Will be contacting the supplier, but dont hold out much hope. Just as well the part wasent hundreds of pounds.
          Ah well, you live and learn. the internet is a breeding ground for those that want to rip you off, even if only for a few quid, but magnify this by masses.
          Hey Ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
            Have done this, but looks like i have been scammed. Went onto the Ebay link that Jeff sent me, ordered and payed. was due for delivery Monday, but checking with Hermes, they have no record.
            I know its only a few quid, but thats not the point. Will be contacting the supplier, but dont hold out much hope. Just as well the part wasent hundreds of pounds.
            Ah well, you live and learn. the internet is a breeding ground for those that want to rip you off, even if only for a few quid, but magnify this by masses.
            Hey Ho.
            If you paid via paypal just put in a dispute and you'll be paid back. Don't understand if you've been scammed as the seller has good feedback and recent too
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. Away for the winter
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser
            1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, nearly finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. New cruiser
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Love this car
            2004 MGZT V8, project for the winter nearly done.

Comment

It will turn up, try the tracking number in the royal mail website in case he has made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
                Hey Ho.
                Is it the same as efi? if so then I have some..Are you going to Milton Keynes show on sunday? If you are, I could bring you one, if not I could post it..

Comment

Working...
                X