No announcement yet.

Modified MG Maestro Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I was lucky with the sizes of the rads Peter as they fit with little effort to be honest. If you notice the slam panel isn't quite flat to the deck - there's a lip on the front cross member that causes engine rad to sit high slightly. Angle grinder will see that. Chargecooler rad will need a couple of brackets to secure correctly. Intercooler fits snugly between them - but no mods to the front rail will be necessary. I'm just going to use thick number plate tape to stop any rubbing issues and thats all. Don't no where to mount oil cooler yet?

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
      curiosity got the better of me this morning as I just had to size up the new rad - intercooler - chargecooler rad to 385 - it was 5:30 sunday morning All fit rather well although as I suspected engine rad is almost obscured. This doesn't matter too much as if you keep the rads tight together this keeps the air pressure high through the rads ensuring plenty cooling effect. Leaving large gaps causes low pressure and poor cooling.
      Nice set up!

*****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
      Follow me at
      FourNineSix

Comment

• Cheers Al.

Did you manage to sort that strange misfire out?

Comment

• Not much of an update but my swirl pot had th be further modified with 2 additional fuel returns. If you look at previous pic of swirl pot and this one notice the much larger on top fuel return that is needed to flow back to fuel tank. Quite complex getting and time consuming - you couldn't buy one of these off the shelf!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Where you going to fit it in the boot?
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

• Definitely in the boot area but exactly where I not sure yet?

Comment

• Hi Jake your inbox is full - deposit received with thanks. Adaptor is now in at the machine shop to be copied for you. How long it takes him to do it is dependent on him.

cheers

mike....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                  Hi Jake your inbox is full - deposit received with thanks. Adaptor is now in at the machine shop to be copied for you. How long it takes him to do it is dependent on him.

cheers

mike....
                  Hiya mike thankyou very much for your kindness, did he say roughly a time scale? Cheers, jake

Comment

• No he didn't Jake - but I will see him monday again to see if I get him to do the job super quick.

Comment

• Okay mike, thankyou, i have cleared my inbox out now aswell

Comment

• It's a bit of a mess but I know where every thing goes! Two separate fuel lines running to and throw for injectors/twin carbs - with one lift pump and two primary high flow Bosch 044's. All feeding from swirl pot - note fuel returns and lift pump constantly replenish fuel into swirl pot - should never run dry - I hope?

will upload a few pics when installed ...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mike Brock; 15th July 2015, 20:47.

Comment

• Had to double in size due to carbs/injectors fuel returns. AN -10 fitting used.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• You have inbox mike! Wow, that mod looks rather good to the fuel tank, was this a 1.6 tank? Cheers, jake

Comment

• On holiday at the moment Jake - I was told monday 17th - hold in there if you can.

cheers

mike...

Comment

• Ahhh, okay sorry mate, have fun! And thanks. Cheers, jake

Comment

Working...
                                X