Modified MG Maestro Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
    Mike did you go for larger valves in the end?
    No Peter - I decided not to due to cost.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• This is a brand new efi engine that will soon be converted to turbo spec that will form the bases for my twincharged project.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
        Hello, im runninf t16 head studs and a multi layered steel headgasket that i made myself by producing the press dies then i clamp the stainless sheet on a 100ton press, this is done for all tgree sections then its crimped together... I had cosmec gaskets cover the top amd bottom layer in their special silicone. No trouble so far! I need to get my forged bottom end before pushing anything more than the 450odd bhp it has now. Trust me its a monster now! Twin turbo setup and fuel injection makes it an animal like no other and i says this after driving ferrari f430, f40 and 360 f1

They are not even close! Lol
        Hi Jake - you really need to upload some pictures as I'm left wondering how you managed to install all the pipe work for your compound turbo set up. You said on a number of occasions you would do this but still waiting?

Comment

• Yes i do! Only a handful of people have seen it lol.
          Its had to have the airfilter and bracket moved to gain room for the other turbo! Lol ill upliad some more progress to my old girl this weekend mate i promise! Aha. Cheers, jake

Comment

• Good Stuff Jake looking forward already.

I'm going to run separate fuel feeds to carb and injectors running from one swirl pot. I may need a bigger swirl pot than the 2ltr one I have now? Below is a 1600 fuel tank thats just about to get a fuel return added. Pictures of that later. Swirl pot needs modified with additional fuel feed for the second 044 fuel pump.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Interesting little mod!

I had to have the fuel tank reconditioned on the monty turbo the otherday as it started leaking out of the pressing (rusted)
              Wasnt cheap !

Comment

• Love the updates in this thread!

Dave and Jake. I look forward to you uploading some photos of your projects too!

Al
                *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
                Follow me at
                FourNineSix

Comment

• Just a wee update - fuel tank hopefully will be ready today after modified fuel returns are fitted. Swirlpot also modified to handle two bosch 044 fuel pumps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Got this massive Tial dv from Owen Developments and a high capacity alloy radiator from Radtec.

Almost have all the parts for my twincharged project now. The m45 supercharger with the air con clutch pulley I was going to use wasn't practical to do. Going to change to a bigger m62 with a already built on clutch - the m45 is for sale on ebay now if anyone is interested. Update on fuel tank soon.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• that rad looks the dogs mike and not cheap
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

• yeah Peter Radtec has done a good job - 399 delivered.

I was worried about receiving a dvla sorn fine with #385 when it went into storage back in 2003. Its never been sorned until now. Spoke with dvla today and strangely turns out to have nothing owed like fines etc. on the car? The v5c was lost a long time ago so I was informed I simply just need to fill out a v62 form and send £25 fee to receive a new v5c. Hows that then?... not complaining like!
                        Last edited by Mike Brock; 3rd July 2015, 21:19. Reason: spelling

Comment

• This thread is great! Lots of effort put into it and quality work and parts!

Is that radtec rad off the shelf like mine or a custom size you asked for? Mine is still in the box waiting to be fitted to 146 once I find a suitable fan switch. Did you get a fan switch from Radtec?

Good news from the DVLA anyway. Ive never known anyone to be fined but they do sound very serious about it. That reminds me...I need to sorn my Leon.

Comment

• Hi Ross - radtec own spec this one nothing special. I suspect it'll be identical to yours? It's going to have an ajustible thermo fan switch with an ultra thin kenlow fan due to sc location. Not going to use the alloy rads switch point - it will remain blanked off.

Thanks ross

Comment

• curiosity got the better of me this morning as I just had to size up the new rad - intercooler - chargecooler rad to 385 - it was 5:30 sunday morning All fit rather well although as I suspected engine rad is almost obscured. This doesn't matter too much as if you keep the rads tight together this keeps the air pressure high through the rads ensuring plenty cooling effect. Leaving large gaps causes low pressure and poor cooling.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• have you modified the front rail? how you got three rads to fit? by the way like the full width intercooler its on one of my wish lists
                                MG Maestro turbo 437
                                367 Bhp

Comment

Working...
                                X