• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i also need to see asap 750 bhp plus that's going to be fun to drive
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

• Jake/mike what head gaskets are you planning on running?
      I've been trying to source a triple layer but had no luck. Have ferriday a ring but he couldn't help out...

Comment

• Hi Dave - just a std turbo head gasket with a wire rung block - nothing special.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• Oh ok, same as I have to use...just thought if their was a upgraded option it would be worth it. But with the wire ringing and uprated studs, should be good enough really

Comment

• I have a set of T16 ARP head bolts that will be spaced out for an even clamping pressure across the head/block. What boost pressure are you planning to run Dave?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
              I have a set of T16 ARP head bolts that will be spaced out for an even clamping pressure across the head/block. What boost pressure are you planning to run Dave?
              My head and block has been machined out to take a larger studs with a nice fine pitch (can't remember the measurements now)
              It's going to be fitted with a t34 hybrid with the large 63 ex housing with 3" downpipe and system, differnt camshaft and adjustable pulley, ported head water/methanol injection.
              Boost well depends what the feelings like on the single carb for now. But I recon around 20psi should be ok. Not sure yet though as it quite a jump up from the md42 hybrid it was running before (which it made 260bhp on with 15-16psi with this camshaft)
              When it's ran in I have the option to stick the twin carb setup on it....but I think that could take away a lot of drivability with mine!
              As long as it's making good reliable power 260-300bhp I'll be happy

Comment

I have a set of T16 ARP head bolts that will be spaced out for an even clamping pressure across the head/block. What boost pressure are you planning to run Dave?
                My head and block has been machined out to take a larger studs with a nice fine pitch (can't remember the measurements now)
                It's going to be fitted with a t34 hybrid with the large 63 ex housing with 3" downpipe and system, differnt camshaft and adjustable pulley, ported head water/methanol injection.
                Boost well depends what the fuelings like on the single carb for now. But I recon around 20psi should be ok. Not sure yet though as it quite a jump up from the t3 hybrid it was running before (which it made 260bhp on with 15-16psi with this camshaft)
                When it's ran in I have the option to stick the twin carb setup on it....but I think that could take away a lot of drivability with mine!
                As long as it's making good reliable power 260-300bhp I'll be happy
                Last edited by Dave MGT; 20th June 2015, 16:59.

Comment

• Good spec Dave - similar to mine. The uprated cam will take away some low end drivability but not sure how you think twincarbs will? Is that a cosworth t34 your going to use?

Comment

Good spec Dave - similar to mine. The uprated cam will take away some low end drivability but not sure how you think twincarbs will? Is that a cosworth t34 your going to use?
                    Well from the power graph from the engine with twin carbs there was a huge jump in torque low down at 2-2.5k revs.
                    I'm sure it will breath much easyier thought throughout the Rev range with another carb on!

Yes cosworth t34 (cut back blades and 360 bearing)

I must do a thread on the car soon!

Comment

• Yes Dave you must do a thread - incredibly interesting stuff. Be sure to plum in the water cooling into that turbo as I destroyed mine due to heat soak. Turbodynamics has built me a new rs500 turbo - it'll be water cooled for sure. Emerald k6 ecu is going to used - but due to monetary reasons this is on hold at the moment. Should iron out all flat spots in the rev range like you discussed though when set up.

Comment

• Hello, im runninf t16 head studs and a multi layered steel headgasket that i made myself by producing the press dies then i clamp the stainless sheet on a 100ton press, this is done for all tgree sections then its crimped together... I had cosmec gaskets cover the top amd bottom layer in their special silicone. No trouble so far! I need to get my forged bottom end before pushing anything more than the 450odd bhp it has now. Trust me its a monster now! Twin turbo setup and fuel injection makes it an animal like no other and i says this after driving ferrari f430, f40 and 360 f1

They are not even close! Lol

Comment

• Got my head back from Scholar today and very pleased with the work that was done. Head is now full turbo spec from efi origin. Heavy duty valve springs were sourced from piper cams that are 1500 spitfire type. See picture below at the visible difference between O series right and hd spitfire left.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• That looks very smart Mike.

Comment

• Mike did you go for larger valves in the end?
                              MG Maestro turbo 437
                              367 Bhp

Comment

• Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                                Hello, im runninf t16 head studs and a multi layered steel headgasket that i made myself by producing the press dies then i clamp the stainless sheet on a 100ton press, this is done for all tgree sections then its crimped together... I had cosmec gaskets cover the top amd bottom layer in their special silicone. No trouble so far! I need to get my forged bottom end before pushing anything more than the 450odd bhp it has now. Trust me its a monster now! Twin turbo setup and fuel injection makes it an animal like no other and i says this after driving ferrari f430, f40 and 360 f1

They are not even close! Lol
                                Ah that's very interesting !!
                                Didn't hapen to make any spares did you? 😋

I look forward to seeing your thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X