No announcement yet.

Modified MG Maestro Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could look at ma new turbo all day - work of art as far as I'm concerned.

Head still at Scholar and will be for some time (could be six weeks still?). Some other goodies paid for and on the way from Grant GBE.

It's going to cost £1500 to buy/install Emerald K6 ecu system - Dave Walker is going to do this. Before this alot of alloy fabrication work with all the intricate pipes/connections for the complex induction system. I've spent loads - I won't say how much - three times more than I expected though!
    Attached Files

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• These babes arrived all the way from Spain yesterday.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Are these the ones I found on another thread seller in Spain
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

• Yes I believe they are Peter - thanks for the pointer as I've looked for years for a genuine set of these.

Comment

• Hi Mike

Many Many years ago we decided to use Swindon racing engines who were big back then with the super touring Vauxhalls to build us the ultimate cylinder head possible (And we were quoted silly money but decided we would go for it) and they designed and had us spend a fortune on valves...After a while we were not 100% satisfied with their advice and went to see a chap I new who was trained by Brian Hart back in the 1970's, when we showed him the O series head and our shiny new valves he thought we were mad to spend the money and pulled out a book of stainless steel valves, he found the biggest ones that would fit but were too long in the stem and just machined them down and re-nicked them....He couldn't understand why you would do anything else.....His cylinder head work was far more extreme than anything being advised by this big company and for less!! Needless to say we didn't go back to Swindon.... My question is why havnt Scholar advised the same?
            In our experience paying the most does not necessarily get you the best!

Comment

• They actually offered to make bigger valves for me but I declined on the bases of expense. The porting work as it stands its only going to cost about £400 or so - definitely not too expensive. This is not an all out racer - its just a go have some fun car that will probably mainly used for run what you brung days at the pod.

Comment

• Gaz coilovers for my maestro turbo.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Good choice, have set myself have mine in lowest setting for road otherwise you feel every stone in the road
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

• Are they difficult to set up and fit Peter?

Comment

• A afternoons jobs swapping over and setting up, I also done the vw bearings conversion on front stuts, and new bushes from Rimmers
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

• Hi Peter - I can remember countrydude's thread regarding those top strut bearing and bush mod from a golf mk11 to maestro. Can you inform me if the top of the front Gaz strut fits into the bearing cup correctly of the vw mk11?

Comment

• what happened to my last post?

Comment

• yes fits very easy, have on my Gaz shocks.
                            MG Maestro turbo 437
                            367 Bhp

Comment

• Ah right thats good - I will order a set from eBay although my bearing cups are in very good condition. I haven't looked at the rear shocks yet.

Comment

• GBE stuff arrived today ...Ultralight Flywheel - Helix GBE spec race with sintered 6 pad plate spec 2.5 - note this one can hold up to 500Ib/f torque. Not the one advertised on GBE website - this is a new stronger spec. ARP T16 headstud kit that will have 42mm spacers to fit and equal pressure across o series 8v turbo head. Also ARP flywheel bolt kit.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X