No announcement yet.

Modified MG Maestro Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its cracked in several places Dan due to heat soak - the exhaust turbine wheel was beyond use also. The T34 is water cooled - but I was running it without. Going to water cool it this time as its just lightened my wallet of £1420 so don't want similar problem to reoccur.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• serious money being spent Mike, has my wife says to me can't take it with you, and if it makes you happy then money doesn't mater and of course I take advantage of this
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

• Hi Peter - your a cosworth man - I bought these so I can plum into the maestro cooling system to turbo. Anything other than that need doing or recommend?

cheers

mike...

Comment

• Yes that's all you need pretty straight forward Mike,
          Don't know if any help to you, fitted mine from exit from heater matrix with T piece and exit from turbo has close to water pump has i could, so there would be some draw from the pump to keep the water flowing.

MG Maestro turbo 437
          367 Bhp

Comment

• Some good photos Peter thanks. If the diameter of the pipes feeding in/out of turbo weren't smaller I would of directly plumed the heater pipes through the turbo. Spot on with using a T piece close to outlet of the water pump - I will do the same.

cheers

mike...

Comment

• Piper cams uprated my camshaft to the hottest profile available for max mid to top end power. I also bought a new better verner pulley from them.
              Attached Files

Comment

• will it need shim's to set that up?
                MG Maestro turbo 437
                367 Bhp

Comment

• Yes it will Peter.

I've been looking for that high heat resistant orange pipe I can see in your picture - the pipe that feeds water cooling round your turbo. Could you point me in the right direction Peter where to buy it?

cheers

mike...

Comment

• Try earls performance

http://www.earls.co.uk/earls/index.html

Expensive but used by the professional motorsport industry.

Comment

• That's great thank's - 'Flame Guard' yes??
                      Last edited by Mike Brock; 21st March 2015, 22:32. Reason: can't spell

Comment

• Oh I forgot to mention I found reground cams for the O series to wear quickly due to the poor material they are made from plus the profile tends to be a bit pants if left to cam manufacturers. Check the cam regularly for pitting. I got around the problem by having one made from billet to achieve the lift wanted. bit of a expensive luxury though.

Comment

• I can remember you saying something like that before - and as of that I'm not expecting much. Is there other things in terms of reliability I should do to head - for example exhaust valve retainers and valve springs?

Comment

• Not really from memory, material choice is important for exhaust valves and sizing (not too big on exhaust). We did use two valve springs per valve. Now I remember the cam buckets limited the computer simulated designed cam profile so larger ones were to be on the next iteration on the head along with further reinforcement. Strength of the cylinder head itself was the biggest headache along with trying to keep the metal bits together under load. We did toy with the idea of digitising the head and recasting new ones.

Comment

• may be cheaper than earls.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2611979983...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                              MG Maestro turbo 437
                              367 Bhp

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys much appreciated.

I have sent my head away for some porting work to Scholar Engines. I wanted larger inlet valves but unfortunately Scholar weren't able to find ones that would be suitable of the shelf so suggested to make ones. Expensive to do this of course. Is there any other options guys with the valves?

cheers

mike...

Comment

Working...
                                X