Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern shows 2026

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    A few more pictures from Knavesmire...
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #77
      And an embarrassing picture from later on, I don't think the facebook police will see it on here though.. 43 year old Ducellier ignition module transistor going pop is an easy fix if you have a new one (or even better a new old stock Lucas one), but if is the biggest word in the English language!
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #78
        Looking at events late in the year and never really wanting to put too many miles on 'Morris Montego', I've just done a Google, 'car shows north west'

        Interesting - for members only (circa 320), the Lakeland Historic Car Club do a meet up October, November and December near Ulverston, south Cumbria

        Comment


        • #79
          Knavesmire looks a good turnout!

          Poor LVL 618 Y though.....

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Morris Montego View Post
            Knavesmire looks a good turnout!

            Poor LVL 618 Y though.....
            Yes, it was a good turnout & surprisingly good weather, Norman's car had a failed ignition amp, so an easy fix once he got home. Luckily its transistor popped just as we were leaving the meeting point on the A64, so I towed him to the show which amused the marshalls!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Morris Montego View Post
              Looking at events late in the year and never really wanting to put too many miles on 'Morris Montego', I've just done a Google, 'car shows north west'

              Interesting - for members only (circa 320), the Lakeland Historic Car Club do a meet up October, November and December near Ulverston, south Cumbria
              There is a meet at the Lake district motor museum on boxing day, we have been to that sometimes, usually a good day out & museum has some good stuff in it.

              Comment


              • #82
                ".......so I towed him to the show which amused the marshalls!"


                Comment


                • #83
                  "There is a meet at the Lake district motor museum on boxing day, we have been to that sometimes, usually a good day out & museum has some good stuff in it."
                  - Sounds good!!!


                  Do you think it may be worth joining the Lakeland Historic Car Club though - £27 per annum plus £5 initial joining fee ??

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    ......it seems the Lakeland Historic Car Club, with a Kendal address, actually meets at the Lakeland Motor Museum (and Cafe) in Backbarrow, Ulverston

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Iirc the Boxing day meet is free entry for anyone with a classic car & you get a reduced entry to the museum, I guess the Lakeland historic car club must have other events, unless things have changed. Just looked on the museum page & boxing day meet isn't listed yet, if it does get listed I'll add it to our show list. https://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/about/events
                      Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 20th September 2026, 13:07.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

                        There is a meet at the Lake district motor museum on boxing day, we have been to that sometimes, usually a good day out & museum has some good stuff in it.
                        I have always fancied that but my cars go off the road for winter. But saying that my Subaru is 20 years old now so I might just get away with it I will have a look up if anyone confirms they are going closer to the date. I do like the Lakeland motor museum, it's one of the better ones.
                        MG Maestro Turbo #500
                        Rover 218 VVC Coupe
                        MG TF
                        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon WRX

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I went on carevents.com, shows in the north west - It says the Lakeland Historic Car Club meets third Saturday of every month, Backbarrow, Ulverston, at the museum & Cafe Ambio. So, 17th October, 21st November, 19th December.

                          I did wonder, is the club joining fee worth it for a later October, November and/or pre-Christmas meet up?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Morris Montego View Post
                            I went on carevents.com, shows in the north west - It says the Lakeland Historic Car Club meets third Saturday of every month, Backbarrow, Ulverston, at the museum & Cafe Ambio. So, 17th October, 21st November, 19th December.

                            I did wonder, is the club joining fee worth it for a later October, November and/or pre-Christmas meet up?
                            Probably not, the museum does a free meet on the first saturday of every month which is open to all...

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

                              Probably not, the museum does a free meet on the first saturday of every month which is open to all...
                              Ahaa......I should have researched more

                              Does anyone fancy a meet 3rd October, 7th November or 5th December then at the museum?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Blimey I'm working round that way for two days and visiting there tomorrow afternoon on my way to Eskdale from Grosmont where I'm staying for a night, next night I'm in Ulverston and visiting the Lauren & Hardy Museum.
                                Then going down to Wigan/Bolton to do a couple of jobs there on Saturday before going home.
                                But I will be in my MGZT260 so not a Montego/Maestro
                                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X