Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    After 8 years of ownership this will be a nice place to be as I've never driven it on the road, speakers all connected, big clean up next, then number plates and hopefully an MOT soon as nearly completed. Happy happy happy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th May 2020, 16:56.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Interior all in, new clips used
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Passenger door completed and came out much better than I expected, new battery clamp and dip stick on, rear view mirror on, dash caps on, two speakers on, vin plate attached, boot cleared out, spare wheel and jack in boot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th May 2020, 13:45.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    After a bit of difficultly bleeding the brakes, had to use gravity method in the end as the air wouldn't come out. Now the car finally moves and stops under its own steam. Paint needs a major clean atm but I not doing that till its finished, I've also attached the drivers door mirror today. On another note, only one fault and red light left to sort on the dash, low washer fluid, happy days
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 5th May 2020, 14:08.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well that was a bummer, bleeding the brakes and leak from a joint I hadn't looked at, made a replacement pipe now so that to fit after i've sorted the intercooler pipes on my MGZTcdti that are leaking oil

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Although it's near completed there is still quite a lot to do

Attach dash side trims and bolt covers---DONE
    Position Vin plate--DONE
    Get radio fixed
    Attach rear view mirror---DONE
    Drill holes for door cards-- DONE
    Attach door plastic insulation-- DONE
    Attach door cards - - DONE
    Attach number plates--DONE
    Bleed brakes---DONE
    Clear boot and put trim in---DONE
    Put new jack etc in---DONE
    Sort speakers--DONE
    Sort tracking
    Shake down
    MOT
    Think thats all of it
    Getting near the finish now
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th May 2020, 12:30.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As i suspected the Monitor was at fault, all working now, tidied up the wiring round that as i'd stripped it down. Couldn't understand why when I put the cowling on the slot in the wiper/indicator stacks wouldn't catch the steering wheel, till I got another and one was a little smaller, done that now. Cowling on, steering wheel near on till I drive it to centralize, front mats in as is the dash mat.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th April 2020, 12:56.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Front and rear bulb monitors, rear on the left front on the right
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Progress before rain stopped play, water now put in the engine/expansion tank to check for leaks and the engine is running a peach, none found so coolant next, horn and central locking now working and i've tidied up the front door looms ready for the door cards. Horn was the connection to the loom, blimey that was loud when that started working as I had taped the horn up so it was on all the time, central locking was the earth lead on the boot lock. Front indicator still not working though I think it maybe the bulb fail monitor, there is power getting to the bulb unit but not enough. I believe I have another somewhere, have a NOS rear one but that's different, if not I will swop the over from the offside to the nearside as see how that goes. Edit, now found one so will carry on tomorrow with luck. Can't be the stalk now as the rear LH indicator is working so I can now put the cover on, after i've tidied it up due to checking all the wiring
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 28th April 2020, 15:31.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by efi 2.0 View Post
    Love the little "Austin Rover" script on the number plate!
    Made to order, might not be legal but looks good, in any case it's going on the car lol

Leave a comment:

• efi 2.0
    replied
    Love the little "Austin Rover" script on the number plate!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    This is the last prezzy for the car, shouldn't need to buy anything else now
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little bit done today, glovebox is attached, all seats are now in the car and looking good. New number plates turned up today and they also look good. Electrical checking. I've now got all of the lights etc working but the front nearside indicator refuses to play ball, interior light now working but the central locking is continuing to be a problem, I have changed the actuator with a couple from my spares but still nothing, although there is power getting to it as it clicks so it should be working, cant be a fuse as its on the same circuit as the interior light . Will have to take my voltmeter with me next visit to check this and the front indicator. Unfortunately I may also have to remove the front bumper again as the horn also isn't working and its behind that, I did check all this prior to putting it on aswel and it worked then. Could possibly be the stalk at fault with the horn and front indicator so will find a replacement first
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd April 2020, 14:57.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Also wired up the radio to a battery, FM not working but AM does, tape deck also works, unfortunately all sound comes out of one speaker so that to sort.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Front seat cleaned and fixed, rear seat uprights cleaned
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X