Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All done, and this turned up today, nos rear door frame seal. And I found it cheaply
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    And did the headlining
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Before drilling holes I am trial fitting this and the rear door card
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th April 2020, 12:51.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well this is why the wheels won't turn, circlip is missing, no idea why so that to find, you were nearly right John, on the right track
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th April 2020, 18:09.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Been looking for these and as i had a little time, door clips and interior lights, grey carpet trim clips. also found the tensioner for my sons efi. That will be going on soon. Hoping that i will be able to carry on tomorrow with either this or my sons efi
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th April 2020, 15:09.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Completed and new probe waiting to go on, another off the shrinking list that's taking a while but no hurry.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    So I used the newer type and put that on the older type seat, work perfectly and I didn't have to grind down the metal,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th March 2020, 14:34.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little on the car done today, seat adjustment wheel is damaged and a bit over engineered, if you can see it you can see the difference between the older and uprated simpler type of adjustment point
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th March 2020, 14:29.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Both done and came out not to shabby at all, well pleased, sorting the driveshaft/gearbox problem tomorrow as i've had quite a bit of work cancelled due to you know what
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well decided to chance my mint doorcards, only get one go at this
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Was quite easy in the end, I stripped down an old front door card and successfully removed the inner fabric without damaging the door card vinyl so will swop over the cards. I have a mint set of the later door cards but will give those to my son and use his from his MG Montego Turbo as they're not too bad. I only need the front pair so happy days
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As this one was no good at all, I stripped it down. Not a difficult job, so that got me thinking I could swop the Marle Deco material to another door card
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Digging out the door cards that will be going on the car, some are damaged but not all
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The bill arrived and not too bad at all. a few NOS grey kickplate grommets, black bumper finisher for my sons efi, oil probe and a few other things, all under £70 including post and now on their way here. Unfortunately he couldn't find the 2 sunroof seals he has on stock, but he may in the future, i've learned to be patient.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

I'm sure that you'll have thought of this already, but thought I'd mention it 'cos it once happened to me....I was absolutely convinced that the shafts were properly engaged in the diff splines, but they weren't... it did exactly what you describe and I only realised what had happened when I started taking them back out to check clutch. If I remember rightly it was the long shaft...looked right, felt right, but was just missing the splines...worth another look maybe, before taking it all back to bits.. speedo drive should be turning if that is the problem.
    Thanks John. I did try that, I tried hammering the driveshafts towards the gearbox and they do look 'home' with no gap but will remove both and put back in again. Have to remove them anyway so with luck.
    tomorrow is getting the probe and gearbox/clutch from my spare engine though I have located a nos probe from one of my suppliers. No Idea what he's gonna charge though as I've given him a list. Two new sunroof seals he has in stock, different part number but they're all the same, though I have had an enquiry about selling one on, small grey plastic grommets and a few other rare parts he has in stock. Will find out Monday what the bill is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X