New old stock injectors and now facing ready to re-attach the head

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Ooo that's better

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well it seems i cant upload any pictures at all as they now have to be soooo small. But finally re-started work on the car. head removed and stripped down, cleaned oiled and put back together. Value doesn't stick now, also found 2 new injectors so will also fit those. Split pins finally put in the castle nuts on the front hubs, only taken two years to put those in,

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Clutch finished so that's out of the way, now the wind and rain so still not able to restart this project

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well that's delayed yet again, wife's offside leccy window went down and not up, it's the relay in the bcu box behind the dash, buggar, gave her the use of my mgztv8 and the number plate bulb blew and now no power to the unit, and my sons clutch on his mgzs 180 is juddering. Relay now being sorted and I've made a start on removing the gearbox out of the zs. And there's me thinking I finally have time to dedicate to this mg montego to get it finished

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Did a little bit of work on this today, wouldn't run properly so i'm having to remove the head to check on a value that's a bit sticky. Will have to remove all round the car and turn it round again. Sigh, but at least i've made a start.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Rubbing strip turned up, little too much packaging mind, tad over done

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Finally found the only new door rubbing strip I didn't have. Wasn't going to pay the dutch price either. I should now be able to restart this project sometime next month as i've had a good look round it today....and it needs finishing. New stainless steel exhaust should also be here in September
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th August 2019, 13:54.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    At the nec today and bought 4 metres of headlining material. 2 for this car and 2 for my black efi. Had a guess at the colour and it's not too far off what I needed. So very pleased and another thing off the list to be done, and got to meet the possible new owner of the damaged mg montego from the scrapyard, hoping to help with the project where I can
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 24th March 2019, 10:06.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Looks great, those wheels really do suit it.
    Ta, I've always liked dish alloys so very happy to put them on this car

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Looks great, those wheels really do suit it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Finally got round to fitting the wheels, looking good. And finally attached the rear central locking rods, had to remove both locks to fit the rods but done now. Also hadn't put the front split pins that go through the castle nuts as I found out when putting front wheels on so that to sort next

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Ta John. Could find these parts, they're here somewhere so I made my own. These are for the front central locking motors as they link to the pivots on the locks. All work at the front now, just need to find the rear ones that a mate Sent me up 2 years ago and could be anywhere as I had to move from the barn, moved some spares again to a garage to accommodate my Mk2 Consul. Will have to look for those soon to carry on. Will clean up the doors and wiring before putting the door cards on. also purchased new speakers last year so that to do soon too. List of small things never ends really
    And after making the front ones, would you believe I found them when I opened a box right next to the car. Oh well. Wheels on tomorrow hopefully as they're now in the way in my garage then make the rear ones

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Ta John. Could find these parts, they're here somewhere so I made my own. These are for the front central locking motors as they link to the pivots on the locks. All work at the front now, just need to find the rear ones that a mate Sent me up 2 years ago and could be anywhere as I had to move from the barn, moved some spares again to a garage to accommodate my Mk2 Consul. Will have to look for those soon to carry on. Will clean up the doors and wiring before putting the door cards on. also purchased new speakers last year so that to do soon too. List of small things never ends really
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th January 2019, 15:08.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Hope you are keeping her well supplied with cups of tea and that she gets well soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X