X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Excellent! It is nice when your target gets revised closer rather than further away....
    This does all depend on the weather and my workload though. Should be able to fit the front electric window motors and sort the central locking tomorrow though

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Excellent! It is nice when your target gets revised closer rather than further away....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Had a morning of trying to find things as some of my spares are now scattered. Lots of central locking motors, 3 drivers door control motors found, sorting door cards, door seals, various clips, brackets etc. Driveshaft covers and more. Found things I'd forgotten about many years ago. With a bit of luck I may have the car done by Christmas as once I've sorted all the door electrics the dash will go in and the remaining screens will be fitted. My new aim is the MGCC new years day run

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Rain stopped play today but got a few things done. montego badge, rear bumper stripe on, rear window winders both now on, all locks and door handles on, front electric windows now working, ran the car for 30 mins without any problems with no leaks so far.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th January 2018, 14:24.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All rears are now ready to go in

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As I'm out this afternoon I spent a few hours getting the rear screen ready to go back in and cleaned up the trim clips

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Also rear number plate lamps attached

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Nearly looking like a whole car now, side splash Shields all on, bumper on, offside new door handles on and petrol flap lock found

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Looking better every time...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Petrol vent pipe completed, and now finally off axle stands. Hoping to put the rear bumper on tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now off axle stands, rear brake pipes, handbrake cable, rear wheel bearings and drums finished, front downpipe springs swapped and complete exhaust now on
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th November 2017, 17:28.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    New brake pipe made, new rear brake drum fittings found, new castle nut found, various other parts found on my search for the petrol flap lock. Not found the lock yet though

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Luckily only a small part of the brake pipe, filler flap on but couldn't find the lock. As it's not with the door locks I've no idea atm. This will be the last update for a couple of weeks as I'm very busy with work and my arms need a rest from spannering

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Brake pipe junction would not undo so had to cut it, axle bushes had to be removed and put back the other way, having to fabricate both bumper brackets.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Rear axle now on and not a good day, ruddy car fought me today. Boot lock, remaining rear lense and rear number plate lights sorted. Rear and middle exhaust boxes on, boot seal on
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th October 2017, 21:15.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X