Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Due to various reasons, my mum passing away and my dad about to, the car will be delayed till maybe late spring, April/may sometime. Not got the time or inclination atm and won't have till near end of February/March

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All in now, there's also a rubber strip behind the dash on early types. Screens next

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    On an older type dash the steering column has to be removed due to this square hole

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Dash in today, new foam in, had to change the centre as the original is damaged

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    The only thing more annoying than leaks at this stage are leaks when it is in the mot bay! sounds as though it is all moving in the right direction though, fiddly little electrical faults can take a long time to sort out, as I have discovered more than once......
    As the mot won't be till spring there are plenty of opportunities for fixing any leaks, well that's the theory, as with electricals time will tell. Still haven't filled the gearbox with oil and filled the brakes with brake fluid yet so hopefully that won't leak,
    if the foam turns up this week I should have time to put the dash in before Xmas, happy days
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 18th December 2017, 13:07.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    The only thing more annoying than leaks at this stage are leaks when it is in the mot bay! sounds as though it is all moving in the right direction though, fiddly little electrical faults can take a long time to sort out, as I have discovered more than once......

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Yeah only early models had this feature John. All back in now and working properly. Dash wiring tidied up, all door wiring now sorted with putting in the door sleeves, poxy job that. Interior light now working, dash nearly ready to put back in with just the foam to sort on the heater junctions with the dash. Also sorted the rev counter not working and various display lighting not working. I will be putting in one of three digital dashes I have and will be using the best one. Also replaced the rear spoiler with a better one. Assuming this is teething troubles already as the car has started to 'miss' a bit when cold on revving it, ok when warm though. Will have to look at that in the future, also a couple of water pipe started to leak a bit, sorted that , and the oil pump developed a leak from the top main rear bolt, tightened up and stopped but I didn't touch that so maybe leaking before the strip down
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th December 2017, 14:39.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Excellent! I'd forgotten about the vacum operated heater controls...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Before the rain came down I've hopefully fixed it. Old resistor changed, water pipes changed with better ones, all back together now to be plugged in tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Using my brilliant fast check found the problem with non starting, faulty relay and now fixed. Still sorting electrics behind the dash as the heater resistor is not working, buggar, heater box removed and and located my spare ones, note the difference between early and late models. Stripping the heater box next

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Work restarts tomorrow on the car. Wouldn't start today as it wasn't priming so that's the first thing to sort, then just carry on

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Sorry to hear that..hopefully not major problems...on the bright side weather might be a bit more outdoor friendly by spring anyway....
    Unfortunately yes, my mum and now dad are about to leave the stage.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th December 2017, 14:13.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Sorry to hear that..hopefully not major problems...on the bright side weather might be a bit more outdoor friendly by spring anyway....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Excellent! It is nice when your target gets revised closer rather than further away....
    That'll now not happen, too busy and old age problems, so completion is now back to spring

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More done, 4 steps forward and 2 steps back. Front leccy windows finally on, hate doing those as had to do the nearside twice. The motor wasn't up to the tight window so had to change it. Central locking all connected up and working but couldn't find the lock connectors to the motors, internal lamps connections all working and showing up on the dash. Connected up the wiper stalk and indicator stalk, nothing from the wiper, front and rear lights only working on the other stalk. Replaced with another and all working except the horn, quite a few bulbs also need to be replaced as they're not lighting up but I do have quite a few in my spares. Boot now shuts properly but when putting on the offside rear door seal, the door doesn't close easy so adjustment needed there. Still a long list to do before its ready, on the good side the car starts immediately from the key, not a smooth tick over yet as i'm having to replace the vacuum pipe from the ecu to the throttle body and the alternator has a slight squeak when cold but the engine is very quiet with no ticks
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st November 2017, 16:17.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X