Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Nearly ready to put the h frame back on. Just need to find 2 brake pipe clips and flexy pipes that are in my spares somewhere. Put the petrol filler pipe back in and new bush and cap. New bushes from my spares, brake pipe made up, new handbrake cables fitted and one completed shock on

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Proper job! I've seen people put less than six coats of paint on the outside of the car ....that should still be looking good in several years time.... probably outlast powder coating...
    It'll last me out John lol

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Proper job! I've seen people put less than six coats of paint on the outside of the car ....that should still be looking good in several years time.... probably outlast powder coating...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Been waiting 5 years to put this nos plinth on, and more done. H frame zinc primered and now has 6 coats of paint, spring looks much better. Rear exhaust pipe found in my spares, back plates all sprayed and starting to come together. Hopefully putting the h frame back together with the new rear brakes etc from my spares tomorrow
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 21st October 2017, 15:08.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Rear shocks off, and bushes a bit knackered, I do have new waiting to go on, old exhaust removed, handbrake cable removed, petrol filler pipe, bush and internal lever removed

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Bushes drilled out in the end, rear back plates removed, frame cleaned with a drill and wire brush attachment. Now in a container using electrolysis to remove the last bits of rust one side at a time then lots of coats of black paint after rust treatment applied

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More done today, H frame off for a big clean up, new bushes etc

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All door tops on, C post covers on, both gutter trims on with just the middle brackets to spray and attach. Also turned to car round to start on the rear H frame
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 13th October 2017, 13:49.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Front door glass runners on, new clutch cable on and easy action, door tops going on
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 13th October 2017, 13:48.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Had a few hours spare today so carried on, both callipers on, driveshafts on, alternator headshield on,
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 13th October 2017, 14:34.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Ta John, calipers and driveshafts going on tomorrow, then move it out to fit the door tops and gutter trims before turning it round

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Nice Job! if you'd said they were nos I'd have believed you...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All done

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    All door tops metal trims now painted and ready to be glued back on as have the rear c post trims, sorted the gutter trims so once the brakes are done I can move the car and put these on. Both front brake calipers now ready to go on the car as are the new front brakes and new anti squeal shims.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th October 2017, 15:36.

Leave a comment:

• G4GLM
    replied
    Found a handy chart

Leave a comment:

Working...
X