X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Looking a bit sad for itself but will be coming home soon in December

Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 2nd November 2014, 15:05.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    Comes back next month for continuation
    Or a lot later

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by ayrshirelad32 View Post
    Excellent said car is finally getting the restoration she has long deserved. The wiper mechanism might need adjusting. I remember driving down form Thurso one January in a Snow storm over Drumochtor Pass. My right hand out of the drivers window with my fingers on the edge of the windscreen. The drivers wiper kept sliding of the screen,! and then not returning!. So by the time i got down to lower levels and the snow had stopped, my hand and fingers were literally purple blue!. That was a memorable journey. Funnly enough wipers worked fine in the rain on lower levels!
    Comes back next month for continuation

Leave a comment:

• ayrshirelad32
    replied
    Excellent said car is finally getting the restoration she has long deserved. The wiper mechanism might need adjusting. I remember driving down form Thurso one January in a Snow storm over Drumochtor Pass. My right hand out of the drivers window with my fingers on the edge of the windscreen. The drivers wiper kept sliding of the screen,! and then not returning!. So by the time i got down to lower levels and the snow had stopped, my hand and fingers were literally purple blue!. That was a memorable journey. Funnly enough wipers worked fine in the rain on lower levels!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by ayrshirelad32 View Post
    That is a bummer about the paint shop. At least the car will be getting finally restored or work statred on her restoration. I was thinking about said vehicle recently. Lot of memories attached to said vehicle this side of the wall!. A great many actually. Still spilt milk and crying etc etc.
    When it gets back to my barn the engine will be removed and all suspension removed, cleaned and painted

Leave a comment:

• ayrshirelad32
    replied
    That is a bummer about the paint shop. At least the car will be getting finally restored or work statred on her restoration. I was thinking about said vehicle recently. Lot of memories attached to said vehicle this side of the wall!. A great many actually. Still spilt milk and crying etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well it's been a year since this car was moved to Mal's barn and it hasn't moved an inch since.
    So this year it will be coming back to my barn eventually so I can continue with it as it doesn't now look as though it will be done by the paint shop who offered so spray it for me.
    Shame really but there you go.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Playing swoppies on saturday
    Back in the open

Plenty of bodyparts inside

Then this turned up

And ready to go

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
    Very interesting Jeff - look at the page view count
    Oooer over 5,000 and i've only just stripped it ready for bodywork. It's gettinig there very slowly Mike, but it's getting there and i'm in no hurry

Leave a comment:

• Mike Brock
    replied
    Very interesting Jeff - look at the page view count

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Windscreen rubber doesn't get fitted these days, on checking the front bumper mounts I found them a bit rusty and useless. The bolts also just turn in the holders so thats scrap. But I did found in the glove box a missing rear arch trim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    1980's alarm will be disconneted and binned.
    Door now on and checked gaps.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    French made. Wires gallore, upgraded radio will be going in
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Bit more done this morning and it's now finally ready to be moved
    The nearside front door wouldn't line up so I had to remove the dash. I'm replacing it anyway as its cracked in many places.
    Note, different wiring, also note no speedo cable etc just lots of wiring.
    Cassette holder looks ace so will be keeping that
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Rear screens removed and not broken and not too bad on the rust.
    Car is now nearly ready to be transfered to Mals barn then re-transfered to Mike. All parts are either in the car or will be transfered with it.
    My blue digidash will be swopped with this one so I can continue working on it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 22nd April 2013, 14:44.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X