X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
    Andy has done a good job with the welding.
    Thanks, i'm happy with it, there maybe more when more gets stripped out/off the car so I might be asking him to come back yet.
    Spent all day on it and I even managed to break his guage when the gas bottle fell over as I was moving it., bit clumsy of me there then.
    Both sills had been crushed in various places due to idiots using jacks under them, I managed to straighten them out so they will just need to be undersealed now.
    After the rear screens are out I indend to remove the engine/gearbox etc to assess the work needed on the front and rear frames, front shocks/springs, steering rack etc. The frames look rusty and the bushes look on their last legs but I have replacements about somewhere.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th May 2012, 10:19.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Brock
    replied
    Andy has done a good job with the welding.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Nice velvet headlining out but the biscuit has dropped
    Supposed to be hels on by 3 strips
    Front much better but more to do
    Rear screen and both side screens have to come out
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Offside A post
    Bottom
    Bottom of nearside A post
    Sill
    Floor
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Welding started monday, thanks Andy
    Bottom of rear panel
    Boot area
    Bottom of nearside rear wing
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    well i have got legecy working now though only the later type which you cannot search by part number so its not perfect. but at least i can look up parts again on the lap top

thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• edders1690
    replied
    Originally posted by gharper View Post
    Hi ,
    I may not know much about cars, but computers i do. My copy of the legacy epc runs fine on Windows xp mode.

Throw your xp machine away an install Windows xp mode on your windows 7 box.
    Then you have 1 computer that will run everything.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

Its FREE....

"Do I need Windows XP Mode?
    Windows 7 has several built-in tools to help with program compatibility and Windows XP programs should be installed directly on Windows 7. Windows XP Mode runs many older Windows XP productivity programs and that are not natively compatible with Windows 7, thus helping realize cost savings and reduce possible operational downtime by extending the life of existing software. "
    Would this be suitable to run with Windows Vista or is there a similar program?
    cheers
    Ray

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    :
    Originally posted by gharper View Post
    Hi ,
    I may not know much about cars, but computers i do. My copy of the legacy epc runs fine on Windows xp mode.

Its FREE....

Windows 7 has several built-in tools to help with program compatibility and Windows XP programs should be installed directly on Windows 7. Windows XP Mode runs many older Windows XP productivity programs and that are not natively compatible with Windows 7, thus helping realize cost savings and reduce possible operational downtime by extending the life of existing software. "
    Thanks for the link i will have a go. its just downloading now

Leave a comment:

• gharper
    replied
    Hi ,

Its FREE....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i will confirm my stock and part numbers and send you a pm. ( having to work with 2 computers one with XP (great) and one with windows 7 (wont run any programs)

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More new parts
    Unsure yet whether to convert the rear door windows to electric but I have both sides and plug-in looms
    New front indicators. One from Andy, ta Andy, the other from MGMal
    New dash surround from MGMal, ta Mal.
    Andy is doing the welding for me on monday so that's taken care of.
    Next thing after that is to clear the rust from the front panel and rustproof it ready for spraying.
    Then the front inner wings etc before re-attaching the front wings.
    The dash will then be removed and the front doors finally lined up as the nearside needs moving back about 3mm.
    The engine/gearbox will then be removed once I have got my engine lift back from Mal's barn later in the year
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd May 2012, 14:51.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Cleaning out one of my sheds todays to get to these.
    Various small trim bits.
    Rare front door trim clips that hold the door tray
    Rear arch trims. New one donated by Richard (mgmonty&mgf) Ta Rich, old one was the last part needed to complete
    Many many door clips. The first doorcard holding clips were glued to the doorcard and rather useless, the upgrade were these door clips.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd May 2012, 15:31.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
    How many projects do you have on the go Jeff?
    Too many
    This one, my sons Turbo, though I am teaching Chris 'how to' on this, the C reg sheddy Turbo, but this is increasingly likely to be stripped and scrapped. Also after these I have my returned Turbo. This need a lot of welding that I can't do as yet.
    This is without helping Jane and Malcolm with the putting together of their Montego VP as the bodywork and re-spray has been completed. I'm there all day friday to put the dash back in and finish anything else that's needed of me on the car.
    I'm using my Turbo as a van at the mo as I can get loads in it but when the tax runs out I will be mothballing it for a year or so. I will be delivering 5 alloys wheels, set of VP centres and various other parts friday to Jane. I got 3 headlining biscuits in it last week from Mal's barn, delivered one to Carl and one to Rick, that was eventful.
    So the GSi maybe back later in the year, haven't decided yet as it won't pass an mot till I change the exhaust.
    Finding money to tax all of my cars, and the wifes MGTF is abit expensive and that doesn't include the running of my ZS180 and ZTcdti
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd May 2012, 09:14.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Brock
    replied
    How many projects do you have on the go Jeff?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by henocsr View Post
    do you need any door mouldings for this as i have some nearside ones...........new of course.

i am looking forward to the finished pictures
    Yeah, I need some, you want to pm the details etc?
    Won't be finished till late this year or possibly next year as i'm having a couple of expensive hols this year, but it will get finished

Leave a comment:

Working...
X