• Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Things have changed so the car will now be restored. And about time I hear

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Taken the long way round to post these on as it won't post up pictures from my phone. The engine still has no spark, put my fast check on it and all works according to that. As I didn't have my multi meter with me I could check to see it there's any power into an out of the ecu. Have checked rotor arm, distributor cap, coil, swopped another ecu but still no spark. So I continued putting the car back together. The car will also come with my spare early engine and a new cylinder head, exhaust and a few other new parts. Progress is slow as i'm having problems with my arm and don't get enough time to put it together.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th August 2016, 07:38.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More done,
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th August 2016, 07:31.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Alarm removed, was all over the car and a pain to remove. Display plugged in and all working.
    Before I put the dash in I need to know if the car starts and, nope, no spark so that needs looking at next time.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th May 2016, 14:26.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More done in the short time I had today
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Starting to put back together today, had a little time after working on my gold montego

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    With a heavy heart and due to my work, family, namely poorly parents etc, I do not have time to do this car it will be sold once I've put a few things back on it.
    Will come with all parts etc but will look a little different as targa red doors, original boot, original bumpers etc will be on it. will also come with replacement bumpers, and rust free boot that's already on it.
    I have a set of vgc seats, new seat belts, new rad, and other new parts to go with the car.
    I'm in no hurry as I have to put it back together first, finding that time maybe difficult though, but it will be sold sometime this year. if it doesn't sell here I will eBay it
    I will also be hopefully downsizing my projects this year as I just do not have time to finish.
    Gold 1.6 and French turbo I intend to keep, green MG Montego and this car will be sold
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 12th April 2016, 14:37.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
    Wow the black car is gorgeous, I would so like that on in my little collection. But then again so would all of us!!
    Looks good but needs both sills repaired

Leave a comment:

• G4GLM
    replied
    Wow the black car is gorgeous, I would so like that on in my little collection. But then again so would all of us!!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As said, one owner from new. Not been on the road since 2004 and this has given me a push to complete my project
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    I know of one other a black one with 200,000 miles on it. Been restored twice and now lives in a container.
    One owner only and has been all over europe, the guy will never part with it
    And finally got round to seeing it today
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    I have accumulated more parts for the car and restarted work on it but lining up the nearside front wing I found a major problem.
    The sill sits too high by about 6mm so the wing doesn't line up. I checked the original wing and that's been bodged to fit
    I did wonder why the door had to be soo high.
    The sill will have to either be removed and re-done or possibly cut at the front and lowered then re-welded on.
    Bummer that as I was going to continue with this.
    The project will now stall until after I learn to teach myself to weld.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th May 2015, 07:37.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now returned to my barn where I can continue the resto. Thanks Mal

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    While I was at Mal's barn on Saturday I started the car up.
    After a few attempts it fired up so this will be my main aim next year to spend more time on it.
    It's now confirmed as coming back to my barn in either late January or early February.
    Ta Mal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X