Very nice. I've always liked those.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    My Zodiac john

Leave a comment:

• kobe
    replied
    Looking good Jeff. Wont be long if you carry on at that pace! Is that your Zephyr in the background?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More bodywork progress, the car in now beginning to come together with more done in the last 6 months than the last 6 years.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th May 2017, 06:53.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Sump is a little dented so that to sort, left it draining till the next episode as very gel like oil. next is sorting the dented sump and a big clean up, put in new seals, paint and put back together. Then start on the head and gearbox, but not for awhile as my hands and right arm are suffering badly. I can't do 2 days working on cars now without a lot of pain
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th May 2017, 18:24.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Carried on with stripping the engine this morning. Finally got the crank inner and outer pulley off, had to use my 4foot crowbar on it in the end, oil pump removed, flywheel off and rear seal had been weeping
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th May 2017, 05:14.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Popped in to see the progress on the car. some made and much more to do. New bottoms of front inner wings welding in, rust mostly cleaned up, welded in rear screen pillars and cleaned up, slam panel de-rusted. Will be re-starting work on the engine and gearbox in May when I have more time

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
    I know a way to get a seized timing pulley off without breaking it. Undo crank pulley bolt half way (important) - but don't remove it. Keep the little bolts connected holding the crank pulley and timing pulley together. Use pullers to pull actual crank pulley and the timing pulley will slide off with it.
    I haven't tried yet Mike, Johnny. Should be able to give it some stick next week with luck. I do have a puller so hoping that should sort it

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Another method if you have either a compressor and air chisel, or an sds drill with rotary stop is to do as Mike says above, then fit a round punch in the air chisel and apply it to the centre bolt while pulling the pulleys off. It sounds brutal, but I've never caused any damage doing it this way, it was suggested by an old hand at the garage I used to work at. Also good for front driveshafts etc..

Leave a comment:

• Mike Brock
    replied
    I know a way to get a seized timing pulley off without breaking it. Undo crank pulley bolt half way (important) - but don't remove it. Keep the little bolts connected holding the crank pulley and timing pulley together. Use pullers to pull actual crank pulley and the timing pulley will slide off with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    An hour spare so started stripping the engine. Gearbox removed and draining, clutch removed, all 7 core plugs out. Will need my large blocks when I turn the engine upside down but didn't have them with me. Crank pulley removal next time, that's always fun

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    And finally after very nearly 5 years, its off to the bodyshop. I will be popping in to bodyshop to take pictures of its progress.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Aerial removed, door mirrors, door tops and a few other things now removed. Being picked up next Thursday, nearly 5 years to the day that I bought it. Then the fun begins on the engine and gearbox. I was up my barn yesterday picking up the last parts for the car I will need. New door rubbing strips, door tops, rear lights, front lights and engine parts
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 24th February 2017, 08:31.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Push me pull you out of my garage. All ready to go next week. Then the fun starts on the engine/gearbox

Leave a comment:

Working...
X