Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Front suspension now on, Brakes and steering rack to sort later once back form the bodyshop. all now ready to go

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed View Post
    Watching this with huge interest Jeff
    I'm guessing you're going the same way then ed. I will be putting all back together in a couple of weeks as I don't have any time till then

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    The magic tin and patience wins the day! At least you'll know there's no rust lurking behind the subframe now...looking forward to the next installment, I guess most of the potential horrors are done now, or is that famous last words.....
    Not always this lucky and haven't started on the rear subframe yet. Will do that after paint

Leave a comment:

• Ed
    replied
    Watching this with huge interest Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Front subframe all cleaned up, threads re-tapped and first coat of 5 on
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd January 2017, 16:02.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    The magic tin and patience wins the day! At least you'll know there's no rust lurking behind the subframe now...looking forward to the next installment, I guess most of the potential horrors are done now, or is that famous last words.....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    After 2 days of spraying the threads with wd40 all 4 bolts undid without any problems. removed front subframe ready to grind the surface rust on the bodywork. Also picked up the replacement subframe ready for cleaning and repaint

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Broken bolt stub now drilled out and re-tapped, all other threads re-tapped to clean them up. New wheels bearings now in, hubs carriers cleaned and painted. All is now ready to go on the car but I've decided rightly or wrongly to remove the front subframe and replace it with on of my spare ones as that isn't rusty. Will find out in due course if I wished i'd have left alone if one of the bolts snap.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Hand finished exhaust manifold, much more personal than a milling machine All looking good..
    Haven't got a milling machine so used a tip from a friend gave me a few years ago. It's perfectly flat now and cost's nothing

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Hand finished exhaust manifold, much more personal than a milling machine All looking good..

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    While I was waiting for paint coats to dry I made sure the exhaust manifold was flat by rubbing it against a rough slab. Took ages but its flat now. Drilling out the snapped bolt on the car is next as this is all ready to put back on, that should be fun, then replacement steering rack
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th January 2017, 15:18.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More pics, front suspension all back together and made my own socket for the retaining nut as I couldn't find my other one
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th January 2017, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More done today.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Now that my turbo has gone I have more room. Also finished drilling out the last balljoint as my batteries and drill sharpener arrived and finding my nos steering rack ready to put on the car
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th January 2017, 15:19.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
    that bolt on the hub looks like it going to bitch to get out! some heat might help with that one
    Not keeping the front shocks Pete, but hopefully will keep the hubs, will sort that at a later date. Couple of hours on it today. Both front shocks and springs separated and cleaned ready for paint, Anti roll bar cleaned and ready for paint, both bushes cleaned, threads redone using my tap and dye set now also ready for paint. As i'm now waiting for a replacement drill battery and drill bit sharpener, made a start stripping the old head, water pipe removed, cleaned and ready for paint, snapped bolt on the thermostat housing but removed and ready for cleaning, inlet manifold removed and ready to be stripped for cleaning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X