Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charliecosworth
    replied
    that bolt on the hub looks like it going to bitch to get out! some heat might help with that one

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Managed to get a couple of hours on the car today, Another 'wish I hadn't started' . Front suspension, wishbones, anti roll bar removed, only one bolt snapped so will have to drill and tap that as it's one of the rear of the wishbone ones. Replacement wishbones started, one balljoint replaced, the other ground down but my drill battery decided to collapse. Replacement front shock absorbers clean up started. Now waiting for 2 new batteries to arrive, new drill sharpener as that's knackered and my drill bit are now blunt. Will be sorting the shock absorbers next while i'm waiting for the bits to arrive. I also managed to find a NOS complete servo so I wont have to clean the rust from that.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th January 2017, 15:50.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Gearbox mounting is knackered, front shock absorber bolt snap, empty engine bay, bad crack on the alternator housing and its finally out. I've also made a start on the front suspension etc. Replacement hubs have been removed from the wishbones ready for new wheel bearings. I will also change both front ball joints, track rod ends, front shocks.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Ever wish you hadn't started. Engine removal today, fought me every inch. more snapped bolts for me to sort at a later date. Gearbox selector pin finally out after 30 mins of constant bashing, all bolts solidly in but it didn't defeat me and the engine is now out

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Unwrapped the head I bought 6 years ago today. also new water pump and tensioner that I need to modify. also brought back from my barn, Engine hoist and from my spares, both front wishbones, both front hubs, complete front shock absorbers and springs, Anti roll bar and pair of bushes, exhaust manifold. all now ready to carry on.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Water pump removed and this time no snapped bolts. I decided to remove the engine at this point so I can do it all. Unfortunately 2 snapped bolts on the front shock absorbers to the hub and none will come out. I will have to remove the hubs and shocks together. Once I get my engine hoist here I will remove the rest of the parts to remove the engine and gearbox.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Head removed, and exhaust manifold leaking. Bolt snapped on the exhaust manifold. so that to fix. I was only going to remove the head and that also gives me better access to the rusty Servo. but the engine really needs to be removed
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th December 2016, 14:21.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Made a proper start today. Head has to come off as its got an oil leak. Removed all and the head and good job I did as its full of white sealant
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th December 2016, 14:42.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    With renewed vigour work properly starts tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Came home to my garage sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Problem with not starting. Crack in a coil wire, sized fuel pump, resistor knackered, crack in a wire to a fuel relay, and both fuel relays. after that it started

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Sorting door cards, lights and more

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Finally sorted the non running and ready to come home on sunday

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The car will now finally be heading for my garage next month to continue the resto

Leave a comment:

• kobe
    replied
    Good to hear you're back on board!!!! lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X