X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little update on this.
    As left last year covered in bits/spares and clear now. Started up easily to move about
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th April 2013, 19:13.

Leave a comment:

• ayrshirelad32
    replied
    Gd Gd hopefully you wont have too much welding to do. The inner box sections were all replaced when i had the car. However that was a year or so ago. Anyway hopefully all will go well with the restoration and rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    I wont be working on it Mike till after my other projects are sorted, white MG Montego Turbo is running, facelift MG Montego Turbo is running and sold and my other MG Montego Efi with digidash is finished so possibly not till the new year.
    I've managed to find one day and project resumes on sunday

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by ayrshirelad32 View Post
    Excellent Jeff. Glad she got a good home to finish her. I was speaking to me mate Martin who did the welding work for me sills inner box sections etc. I hadnt realised it was 2 or 3 years ago i sold her. One car i wish i hadnt sold. I have a lot of memories attached to said Montego. I remember she scared a few boy racers in her time!. Old b reg Montegos werent meant to do that!. Ahhwell memories i suppose. Goodluck with her restoration. I iwll be watching in here to see how you get on.
    I wont be working on it Mike till after my other projects are sorted, white MG Montego Turbo is running, facelift MG Montego Turbo is running and sold and my other MG Montego Efi with digidash is finished so possibly not till the new year.

Leave a comment:

• ayrshirelad32
    replied
    Excellent Jeff. Glad she got a good home to finish her. I was speaking to me mate Martin who did the welding work for me sills inner box sections etc. I hadnt realised it was 2 or 3 years ago i sold her. One car i wish i hadnt sold. I have a lot of memories attached to said Montego. I remember she scared a few boy racers in her time!. Old b reg Montegos werent meant to do that!. Ahhwell memories i suppose. Goodluck with her restoration. I iwll be watching in here to see how you get on.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by ayrshirelad32 View Post
    You got my old Monti!. Is she still running, mines isnt the one with the crack in the engine is she. Was a good engine when she left here. Had a lot of welding done to the inner box sections. Drivers door had new skin put on and both rear arches were cut off and new ones welded in. I was the cars second owner. I think i sold her with apporox 78.000 odd miles on her i think. Wire in a radio and voice will tell you that brake pads worn and service due!. I am glad she is in good hands that is one car i wish i had never sold!. If i could turn back time id still have her!. I didnt know it was you that had her Jeff. Realy pleased she still around spend a fortune getting her welded up.
    Hi Mike, yes it's you old Montego. I will be doing a rebuild on the car and I have a good bodyshop guy allready lined up when I get the chance to save up a bit, I nearly had all the money needed but bought the other digidash instead It certainly will be finished but i'm in no hurry, indeed i have to get the car trailered up north to get it sprayed. It's good to have mates help
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 2nd November 2012, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• ayrshirelad32
    replied
    You got my old Monti!. Is she still running, mines isnt the one with the crack in the engine is she. Was a good engine when she left here. Had a lot of welding done to the inner box sections. Drivers door had new skin put on and both rear arches were cut off and new ones welded in. I was the cars second owner. I think i sold her with apporox 78.000 odd miles on her i think. Wire in a radio and voice will tell you that brake pads worn and service due!. I am glad she is in good hands that is one car i wish i had never sold!. If i could turn back time id still have her!. I didnt know it was you that had her Jeff. Realy pleased she still around spend a fortune getting her welded up.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
    Cheers Jeff!
    Which side Ray?

Leave a comment:

• edders1690
    replied
    Cheers Jeff!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
    Nice pictures Jeff!

Ray
    I see what you did there Ray
    On another note as Mal didn't know, what side trim and window did I give you as I now have the other side spare and i'll put a set aside for you?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice selection of parts, should make a cracking car!

Leave a comment:

• edders1690
    replied
    Nice pictures Jeff!

Ray

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Was working not too far from Ed today so I popped down to see him and pick up my parts that i'd bought from him earlier in the month.
    While there I bought nearly all of his parts as he wanted to get rid. Many new and some secondhand parts were bought.
    Most will go on the digidash, the last picture is a tease as I now have a new set of rear quarter windows and trim.
    Thanks Ed
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    yes pm to follow

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by henocsr View Post
    i will confirm my stock and part numbers and send you a pm.
    Have you found them yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X