X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by ian drew View Post
    That's looking absolutely fantastic Jeff. A quick question for all you car restorers. Do you replace all nuts and bolts with new shiny ones for the benefit of looking better, or stick with the originals due to fun and games getting new ones the correct size, head shape etc?

Cheers,
    Ian
    I'm with Jeff, at least you know the old ones are the right bolt for the job, I've noticed a few people using stainless steeel bolts, this is actually a step backwards, the bolt acts as a cathode and encourages any mild steel that it is connected to, to corrode.......

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by ian drew View Post
    That's looking absolutely fantastic Jeff. A quick question for all you car restorers. Do you replace all nuts and bolts with new shiny ones for the benefit of looking better, or stick with the originals due to fun and games getting new ones the correct size, head shape etc?

Cheers,
    Ian
    I stuck with originals where ever possible, cleaned and sprayed. Not interested in having all new
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 28th September 2017, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• ian drew
    replied

Cheers,
    Ian

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Had an hour spare so sorting the door top trims. I keep these just in case, picked up various new over the years that a broken, just do I can replace any rubbers. The new I used to have had to go when I sold the French turbo so as needs must

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    You have been busy! sounds as though you are pretty much on schedule?
    I would have done more but couldn't find the snap clip on the other driveshaft, no idea why that came off. Will get another today then start on the other side next week. Will also move the bonnet to my sons garage as its in the way and I don't want it on till after the screens go in. My aim is spring next year. Once the fronts done I will turn it round and start removing the rear axle

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    You have been busy! sounds as though you are pretty much on schedule?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More today, nearside driveshaft, brake disc shield, disc, both inner wing splash Shields on. Front bumper put together and now on. Car now started and without an exhaust it's a bit loud but very happy as it started instantly after I let the oil circulate round the engine

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Hoping to start the car Friday if it doesn't rain as it's nearly ready for that.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by kobe View Post
    Looking good Jeff.

It wont be long before you're back behind the wheel of a Montego!!
    Not for a long time yet John. Looking to finish by the spring

Leave a comment:

• kobe
    replied
    Looking good Jeff.

It wont be long before you're back behind the wheel of a Montego!!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Front lights, indicators and grill on. New bonnet lock sprayed Red now and drying before I put it on. Next is to clear the front and continue with the front brakes and driveshafts

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Had a couple of hours spare so carried on. Water pipes, fuel pipes on, front lights converted from face-lift wiring to older type

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Temperature sensor now in place, front light sensors now riveted on, servo now completed expansion tank on

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Ta John. More done this morning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X