Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Ta John, was most inconvenient to me lol, it was one of those you had to put the key into a slot each time you tried to start it.

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Nice to see you back on with it...I'm sure those alarms and immobilisers only ever inconvenienced the rightful owner...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Plugged in my fast check to check all but the battery was flat even though I had charged it overnight, will try again with another battery, even the inertia switch was wired to the alarm

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Found the display fault, cracked in a few places so will replace with one of my spares

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More, had to remove the display to get all the wiring out

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Taken awhile but removed the 1980s alarm now, bloody wires were everywhere, turns over now from the key though

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Work restarts on this Tuesday, and about time

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

I might be glad I've put some long journey friendly gearing in the estate then......just need to find a bank to rob now, there aren't many left round here ha ha ha..Major hydraulic problems, or just bits and pieces?. Hood motor might be the same sort of motor that they used on hydraulic pumps, looked exactly like. starter motor, but apparently a bit different in the windings..if it is, might just be sticky brushes, but either way I'm sure all th bits are still available. Does all add up to Montego moving onto the back burner for a while though....we'll just have to wait..........
    Clutch is also beginning to slip, so booked in to be done, Hood pump is run by a Lucas starter motor with a completely different key and im sending it to Preston for checking as they know what sort it is. With luck it's just the bushes, once that's done it should make the activators work for up and down power. Both Montegos are on the back burner but I am helping my son on his turbo Saturday atm

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

I doubt it John as I'm not doing anything with the paint/bodywork . It will be running though and very useable. Just need to find the time atm as I'm working quite alot and having to work in my V8 and consul. V8's hydraulics are on the way out and my consul I'm have the power hood mechanism checked. Runs by a lucas starter motor and that maybe faulty so sending it to Preston to be checked over. Mal will be selling most if not all his spares soon though
    I might be glad I've put some long journey friendly gearing in the estate then......just need to find a bank to rob now, there aren't many left round here ha ha ha..Major hydraulic problems, or just bits and pieces?. Hood motor might be the same sort of motor that they used on hydraulic pumps, looked exactly like. starter motor, but apparently a bit different in the windings..if it is, might just be sticky brushes, but either way I'm sure all th bits are still available. Does all add up to Montego moving onto the back burner for a while though....we'll just have to wait..........

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    You'll need to build a high security conservatory to store all the goodies in at this rate ha ha ha Should be better than new when finished though!
    I doubt it John as I'm not doing anything with the paint/bodywork . It will be running though and very useable. Just need to find the time atm as I'm working quite alot and having to work in my V8 and consul. V8's hydraulics are on the way out and my consul I'm have the power hood mechanism checked. Runs by a lucas starter motor and that maybe faulty so sending it to Preston to be checked over. Mal will be selling most if not all his spares soon though

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    You'll need to build a high security conservatory to store all the goodies in at this rate ha ha ha Should be better than new when finished though!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More, mega rare those

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Accumulating parts, all a bit rare

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Sounds good , nice short walk away...(assuming that years is a typo ha ha)
    Whoops, bloody predicted text lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X