Turbo Engine rebuild 20HC85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

After 6 long months I can continue with the project. I uploaded some pictures with the actual engine status. The engine was fully repainted, the new oil pump and gearbox adaptor are fitted with new oil retainers and gaskets. Fuel pressure regulator, carburetor gasket kit, and water pump are coming thought eBay. The exhaust valve retainers with code ELRING 104.380, the headgasket GUG702594HG and manifold gasket GUG2516HG are waiting to be installed. At the moment I only need the part number of admission and exhaust valve guides and retain valves from rimmer. With all the material the engine head will be sent to be fully rebuilt.

Does anyone know the correct part number of valve guides or know where can I find it?

Best regrds
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
      Hi everyone,

After 6 long months I can continue with the project. I uploaded some pictures with the actual engine status. The engine was fully repainted, the new oil pump and gearbox adaptor are fitted with new oil retainers and gaskets. Fuel pressure regulator, carburetor gasket kit, and water pump are coming thought eBay. The exhaust valve retainers with code ELRING 104.380, the headgasket GUG702594HG and manifold gasket GUG2516HG are waiting to be installed. At the moment I only need the part number of admission and exhaust valve guides and retain valves from rimmer. With all the material the engine head will be sent to be fully rebuilt.

Does anyone know the correct part number of valve guides or know where can I find it?

Best regrds
      Exhaust valve retainers? Do you mean the collets/cotters that fix the valves into place. Inlet and exhaust are different as you probably know . I have a little time today so should be able to find some part numbers for you
      Have you also attached a return at the back of the engine for the turbo oil drain?
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th January 2024, 12:25.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Right here we go
        CAM5821 Inlet Valve guide
        CAM1955 Exhaust Valve Guide
        CAM7515/UAM1625 Inlet Valve Seal
        CAM7516/UAM1624 Exhaust Valve Seal
        Exhaust Cotter CAM6573 and ETC4069 Same as these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265311343...3ABFBMupqk2qhj
        Inlet Cotter AHU1054A as per these https://recambiosenriquesanchez.com/...over-sd1-2000/ https://www.oliveiravalentimlda.com/...-Austin-Sherpa
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th January 2024, 12:26.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help and time Jeff,

Teesdale classic parts got inlet valve guides.
          inlet valve seals https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-UAM7497 It is correct?
          I was read In the forum that elring 104.380 its a directly replacement for turbo exhaust vale seal (the same as the pictures)

Do you know where can I find a exhaust valve guide? I try to find the part in the search unsuccesfully

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help and time Jeff,

Teesdale classic parts got inlet valve guides.
            inlet valve seals https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-UAM7497 It is correct?
            I was read In the forum that elring 104.380 its a directly replacement for turbo exhaust vale seal (the same as the pictures)

Do you know where can I find a exhaust valve guide? I try to find the part in the search unsuccesfully
            The value seals you have put up are for the later engine. Do you have the later or earlier cylinder head as you can not mix the seals? Look at post 179 https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...ego-turbo-goes
            No I do not know where you can find an exhaust guide
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th January 2024, 12:53.

Comment

I haven´t disarm the engine head yet. The engine is a 20HC85 with oval headgasket so I think my engine is earlier. What do you think?

Comment

I haven´t disarm the engine head yet. The engine is a 20HC85 with oval headgasket so I think my engine is earlier. What do you think?
                New type turbo exhaust stem seals are impossible to find and rare now, the earlier type you can use in a newer cylinder head. The exhaust seals you have bought will work in the cylinder head if you also have the bottom cap as shown in the picture on post 179. You will also need to use the older type inlet seal and again the bottom cap as you can not mix them up. Do you have the bottom caps?
                This is the inlet valve stem seal https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-AHU1626A
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th January 2024, 13:08.

Comment

I don't know if I have the bottom cups. This weekend I'm going to disarm the cylinder head and take pictures of seals valves.
                  About the valve guides, do you think that is necessary change them? Where can I find the exhaust valve guide?
                  Thanks a lot

Comment

Here look at this
                    Attached Files

Comment

Part numbers
                      29 CAM1237 Cup valve Inlet x4
                      30 CAM 7737 Cup Valve Exhaust x4
                      23 1626 A inlet valve seal x4
                      24 CAM 7823 Exhaust valve seal......you have these already
                      27 12H 5114 Seat spring, you will need 8 of these.
                      31 AHU 1054A Cotter inlet x8
                      32 CAM 6573 Cotter exhaust x8
                      36 UAM 7497 Seat and seat inlet x4
                      Exhaust part number is not shown but I do know they are rare as i tried to find some in the past. inlet will not fit exhaust as they have a larger hole

Unless your cylinder head is a newer type your should already have number 29 and all number 27. If you cant find any number 30 I should have some spare
                      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th January 2024, 13:41.

Comment

Thanks for everything, Jeff. On monday I’ll recieve the valve Compressor and will disarm the valves. I will take pictures and confirm which type of cylinder head it is. Thanks for offering help in searching for spares. Next week I will keep the post updated. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for everything, Jeff. On monday I’ll recieve the valve Compressor and will disarm the valves. I will take pictures and confirm which type of cylinder head it is. Thanks for offering help in searching for spares. Next week I will keep the post updated. Thanks again.
                          No problem, always willing to help where I can

Comment

Yesterday I disarmed the valves and took photos of valve seals. The cylinder head is a earlier type as you was told me so this valve seals should fit in my cylinder head, right?
                            https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-AHU1626A
                            I have located the intake valve guides but noy exhaust valve guides. It is possible to machanize a new ones?
                            Thanks in advice
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday I disarmed the valves and took photos of valve seals. The cylinder head is a earlier type as you was told me so this valve seals should fit in my cylinder head, right?
                              https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-AHU1626A
                              I have located the intake valve guides but noy exhaust valve guides. It is possible to machanize a new ones?
                              Thanks in advice
                              Yes those are the correct inlet valve seals as it's the same link I put on for you in post 52. Exhaust valve guides yes can be fabricated if you have the sizes.

Comment

Searching exhaust valve guides I found this valve guides https://recambiosenriquesanchez.com/.../guia-valvula/. The seller says that they fit in maestro montego 2.0 efi. Can this valves be a replacement for my inlet valve guides? The part number is CAM5821

Inlet and exhaust valve guide have the same external sizes?outside diameter and lenght?

Comment

Working...
                                X