No announcement yet.

Turbo Engine rebuild 20HC85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks you very much, Jeff, later I will share some images of my bolts.
    Only the head gasket and manifols gasket are different on this kit, right? Can you provide me the number of these gaskets?
    About the EPC cd rom, where can I find one? Do you have a CD copy?

Comment

No i don't have a copy, I did lend one out to someone to copy and they did that but copied out too many to they don't work any longer. Maybe Pete could do a copy from his EPC?
      Turbo headgasket part numbers with oval oil way complete set BHM1588, Individual part numbers, Head gasket ADU9534, manifold gasket CAM7729. Don't forget in the gasket set you put up, the plenum gasket is different UAM2166 as it has extra holes in it
      These are the superceded part numbers and unipart numbers so you have all of them for your search
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd May 2023, 16:13.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I am searching the internet for references but for the moment without success. Do you know where can I get a head gasket and manifol gasket for turbo? ADU9534 CAM7729
        Thanks for your help, Jeff

Comment

Yesterday, I progressed with the engine. Cleaning parts and bolts, putting up the engine in a support, and selecting the best bolts for the head(I have two bolts set) what
          ​​​​​​size are the head bolts? M11x1,5 or M12x1,5?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Juanmacandel; 25th May 2023, 08:03.

Comment

Other than a washer missing I can't see anything wrong with those head bolts, a clean with a wire brush should be enough. Teeside have a turbo headgasket on their website GUG702594HG, put the number is that website Teesdale Classic Car Parts Centre - INRacing I don't have info on the second number with it GUG2516HG but from memory I think that's the manifold gasket you need from the unipart number. The guys name is Jim so contact via the website, Jim only works mondays but can be contacted via the email address as he looks at those in the evenings, if he does have that gasket then that's the one for you but check first
            Engine is looking good, do you also have the oil drain on the rear of the engine attached?
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th May 2023, 10:42.

Comment

Im was so concerned about head gasket spare, thanks a lot for the info. Just now I sent a message for Jim. Im going to use those bolts with the missing washer (I think that it fell to the ground jeje) but I want to review the threads. The bolts size is M11x1,5? Other question, I read in the forum that the exhaust valve seal of turbo engine is different. What part number does it have? rimmer have available?

Yes Jeff, I have the oil drain on the rear (if you mean turbo drain). Later, I will post more images.

Comment

Are you talking about the stem seals or valves? There are various threads about stem seals and part numbers for turbos and valves on the forum of you do some research. Pete put part numbers up not so long ago and I followed it up with other numbers, I can't do it all for you as I have limited time now

Comment

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
                  Im was so concerned about head gasket spare, thanks a lot for the info. Just now I sent a message for Jim. Im going to use those bolts with the missing washer (I think that it fell to the ground jeje) but I want to review the threads. The bolts size is M11x1,5? Other question, I read in the forum that the exhaust valve seal of turbo engine is different. What part number does it have? rimmer have available?

Yes Jeff, I have the oil drain on the rear (if you mean turbo drain). Later, I will post more images.
                  If you email Sean Turnbull seanturnbull@hotmail.co.uk he might be able to help with the valve stem seals

Comment

Here https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...st-valve-seals
                    And if you need turbo collets, these are the same for the exhaust valves.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 28th May 2023, 11:01.

Comment

Sorry Jeff, I didn't want to bother. I am very grateful and excited about the project and I ask a lot. I try to search for information in the forum but sometimes I can't find the right words to find the threads.

Comment

Update. The sump was too sunk so for straighten it out I had to cut the solder junction that held the metal sheet. Once the metal sheets are removed, I could hit with a piece of wood and a big hummer the sump. As the sheets were not in the middle I could clean well all the sump. Later, it was solded again and ready to paint.

The correct size of head bolts is M11x1.5. All the head screws are brushed and clean.
                        Last edited by Juanmacandel; 30th May 2023, 07:04.

Comment

Finally Jim from Teesdale Clasic Car Parts Centre told me that the head gasket is not available. I'm going to open a new thread where I'll post the parts I need

Comment

Finally Jim from Teesdale Clasic Car Parts Centre told me that the head gasket is not available. I'm going to open a new thread where I'll post the parts I need
                            That's not good but as it's a spare i'm assuming your can still complete it?

Comment

Jim contacted me yesterday and told me he had the head gasket back on. I bought the head gasket and manifold gasket.

I have also received the gasket kit for the engine block, the oil pump, seals for the exhaust valves and the ECU.

When I have a moment, I'll assemble the pieces and update the project

Comment

Jim contacted me yesterday and told me he had the head gasket back on. I bought the head gasket and manifold gasket.

I have also received the gasket kit for the engine block, the oil pump, seals for the exhaust valves and the ECU.

When I have a moment, I'll assemble the pieces and update the project
                                Very good stuff, finally getting near completion then

Comment

Working...
                                X