Black 1984 MG Montego efi with digital dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
    Sounds like a busy schedule and a mix of good and bad there. Sorry I missed you at NEC, but on the other hand the more time you spend catching up, the less time you have to see the show (the retired Perkins engineer had a massive hole punched in his show schedule when he dropped by ha ha ha!). Looking forward to seeing the next chapter in this story anyway
    No worries John, Seen you and the car before lol and I bet the Perkins engineer thought, god what have I done pmsl
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

• Ha ha ha...very true!

Comment

• Project re-started today. Two rear tyres inflated and push out of its garage
        Throttle body now attached, borrowed the battery from my 260 and after a while it started up but as the engine got warm I got the tell take signs of stale petrol. So I drained all 4 gallons out and didn't look at all good and the smell isn't pleasant. Pushing the car back in the garage with brakes that haven't moved for a year was interesting, good job i'm quite fit
        As I hadn't looked at this for a long time I'd forgotten that the new throttle body only has 3 pipes coming off it, only found out when I connected it up, 2 water and 1 breather, there should be 2 so I will remove it again, drill into the body and make one.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd November 2021, 15:45.

Comment

• All done and waiting for the sealant to go off. Not the best fabrication but it'll work and you don't see it anyway. Luckily there was a guide hole so I drilled a small hole right through to match the other one then used a 7.5mm flat drill to about 5mm. Also undersealed the car so that was a dirty job, will be carrying on tomorrow
          Attached Files

Comment

• Well.......got the throttle back on and my fabrication worked but the breather pipe fell to bits when I tried putting it on, then it split half way down so that to change. Last day on this for a couple of weeks as I don't have the time after tomorrow but at least I've re-started the project. The only things left to do other than that are: changing the boot lock as it's very hard to move again, the rear speakers replacement, HRW tab to stick on, remove the paint on the rear spoiler, bit of paint here and there, put fresh petrol in it and hope it runs ok after that, iron out any problems, big clean up inside and out, polish etc then maybe an MOT in January. After that it's time to go and yep it's the wrong time after xmas so maybe in the spring

Comment

• Back on it today, attached throttle housing, put 3 gallons of petrol in it, connect battery aaaaaanndddd started up. Runs really nice and smooth now so I must have done something right, moved it out of the garage and drove it up and down the pathway to free up the rusty brakes etc. Can't believe it's been over a year since this I found this problem. I must get going on this car this year as I want to finish it. Does look good though and will look better after a major clean up. I may get the car detailed so it's spotless when it's getting near mot time
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th May 2022, 15:49.

Comment

• Opened the boot and someones been keeping warm during the winter, right through my headlining buggar Removed the squatters house, sorted the boot lock, dash wasn't lighting up so sorted that, sorted the non working hazzards, fixed all speakers so they're now working. Not sure atm what to do about the hole in the headlining, I may just patch it as its at the back. The only things left to do are fill the brake fluid reservoir, drivers side windscreen washer is blocked, HRW, add more fuel, clean up and MOT
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th May 2022, 11:53.

Comment

• Little more done today, sorted the non working offside windscreen washer, had to dismantle the non return valve it as it was stuck. Simple mechanism, cleaned and put back together and now working fine. Only had a couple of hours as some parts turned up for my consul that i was waiting for so had to work on that afterwards
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th June 2022, 14:32.

Comment

• Also patched the mouse hole headlining, sorted the non working HRW, put the Rover headlight protectors on and started to clean out the interior of the car ready for its first MOT soon. Won't be needing this 2004 car tax either, that's the last time the car was on the road, also found this in the glove box. Everything is now working correctly so I should have time to MOT it next month with a bit of luck
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Real credit to you Jeff, which leads me into my question.
                      will this be for sale any time soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
                        Real credit to you Jeff, which leads me into my question.
                        will this be for sale any time soon?
                        Yes, once the MOT is done and i've cleaned it up it will be on sale.

Comment

• Can you let me know prior to you advertising it mainstream please?
                          joe

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr bump View Post
                            Can you let me know prior to you advertising it mainstream please?
                            joe
                            Yes I can do that did from the looks of it that will be later than sooner

Comment

• Went a had a little check on the car as I will be getting it done next month. Little rodents had made themselves comfy. I removed the leaves and their little nest and put poison down near to where I left the nest, in the boot and cabin floor. Luckily they only chewed the sheet on the bonnet this time
                              Attached Files

Comment

• We are getting close now to booking an mot
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X